The role of the Veterinary Technician at our specialty hospitals is multi-faceted. Our Technicians work directly with the Specialists and ER doctors to provide optimal patient care on a variety of services throughout the hospital. As a critical member of the patient care team, the Technician executes the medical directives of the Veterinarian in conjunction with a team of trained assistants.
Our hospital has a culture of learning and is supportive of individuals pursuing veterinary licensure through tuition reimbursement or enrollment in a technician training program. Individuals who are already licensed are provided the resources to achieve specialty certification should they so choose.
Technicians are provided a comprehensive compensation plan commensurate with their experience and licensing status which includes paid time off, signing bonus and an employee referral bonus. In addition, we offer an industry leading benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, and 401K or Roth retirement plan with employer match. Other benefits include discounts for your pet’s prescription food, medications, and medical care at our hospitals. Scrubs and a hooded sweatshirt are provided and professional licensing fees are covered. In support of our hospital’s Continuing Education initiative, we also provide a financial stipend and paid CE days to our Technicians.
Opportunity for professional growth and advancement is available as we anticipate the 2023 opening of our newest locations in Eatontown, New Jersey and a second location in Woodbridge, New Jersey. Our Eatontown location will be over 50,000 sq. ft. of hospital space dedicated to state-of-the-art patient care incorporating all the primary specialties in veterinary medicine and housing the newest diagnostic equipment including in-house CT scanner, MRI unit, Linear Accelerator, Ultrasound Machines, Endoscopy units, just to name a few of the different pieces of specialty equipment. The Woodbridge hospital will be 27,000 sq. ft. of similarly designed medical space featuring doctors who are board certified in all the major fields of veterinary medicine. Our hospital family currently consists of three locations; our primary location in Tinton Falls, New Jersey and two secondary locations, one in Iselin, New Jersey and another in Staten Island, New York.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Veterinary Technician*:
- Patient Assessment/Triaging
- Nursing Care
- Patient Monitoring (Anesthesia)
- Drug/Constant Rate Infusion calculations
- Transfusion Medicine
- Oxygen Therapy
- Diabetic Management
- Radiology/Radiation Safety
- CPR (RECOVER)
- Surgical/Aseptic Techniques
- Operating Room Maintenance
- Chemotherapy handling and protocols
*Training can be provided to the qualified applicant for some skills
Requirements and Qualifications:
- CVT/LVT or VTS certification preferred applicant
- Skilled at handling both dogs and cats
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Dedication to lifelong learning and continuous self-improvement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced emergency-based environment
- Ability to lift 40 pounds without assistance
- Able to walk, stand, bend or knell for long periods of time
- Skilled in assessing behavior of patients and in handling fractious patients
- Must work at least one weekend shift
- Must work two holiday shifts during the year